SEAMER PARISH COUNCIL

download the minutes as a pdf

CLERK: Mrs G Taylor. Correspondence to 2 Leconfield, Seamer, Stokesley, Middlesbrough, TS9 5PP. Tel. 01642 711250.  e: scapa20@hotmail.com

Minutes of the Meeting held at Seamer Memorial Hall on Tuesday, 20 July, 2021

1 NOTICE OF MEETING
Public notice of the meeting has been given in accordance with Schedule 12, paragraph 10 (2) of the Local Government Act 1972.

2 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
G McGill (Clerk elect)

3 MINUTES
The minutes of the meeting held at Stokesley Town Hall on Tuesday 18 May, 2021 were confirmed as a true record.

Open Forum
A PCSO from Stokesley police attended. She reported: fly tipping in village; Police could find no evidence of this. Theft of garden furniture. One incident of domestic violence reported. The Chair noted that there was fly tipping on the road to Thornton, however this is within Stockton BC jurisdiction.
District Councillor Bridget Fortune and County Councillor Bryn Griffiths extended their thanks to the Chairman for all his hard work within the parish during his term of office, and to the Clerk for all her hard work. Thanks were also given to Doug Forrest for all his hard work as a Parish Councillor. Gifts were presented to the Chairman, Clerk and to Doug Forrest.
On behalf of the Parish Council, Doug Forrest gave a speech to thank the Chairman, Councillor Philip Taylor, for his many initiatives within the village and all his tireless hard work within the parish. He also thanked the Parish Clerk for her hard work and commitment to the role. The Chairman was presented with a gift from the Parish Council.
Gifts and a card were also presented to the Chairman and Parish Clerk from the Village Hall Committee.

Attendees
County Councillor Bryn Griffiths, District Councillor Bridget Fortune, Councillors Philip Taylor, Paul Chapman, James Bainbridge, Mark Murphy, Maureen Marshall. Gillian Taylor (Clerk) and several members of the community were also in attendance. Additionally, a PCSO attended to present the Police report.
4 PLANNING APPLICATIONS
Waterwheel Boarding Kennels and Cattery; Well Lane, Seamer: Application for approval of all reserved matters (considering access, appearance, landscaping, layout and scale) following outline approval reference 18/01542/OUT for the construction of a workers dwelling and formation of new vehicular access. Responses due by 21 July – extension to be sought. Objection Jackson; Sandall Rise, Stainton Road, Seamer: Single storey porch to the front elevation. No Objection 

4a) PLANNING APPLICATIONS PENDING
Cook, Springwell Nurseries, Stainton Road. TS9 5NA. Revised application for outline planning permission with all matters reserved for the creation of 12 residential dwellings. Objection
Cook, Springwell Nurseries, Stainton Road. TS9 5NA. Outline application with all matters reserved for 5 dwellings. No Objection

Connor; Hawthorns, Tame Bridge: Change of use of grazing land to provide 23 log cabins and 4 glamping pods, together with associated parking, spine road and private pumping station. No Objection

Whitwell, Tameside Buildings (Labman), Seamer: 3-storey extension to the west elevation of the existing factory, to provide further manufacturing and office space for company expansion.

4b) PLANNING APPLICATIONS GRANTED
Nicholls, Manor Farm, Seamer: Application to determine if prior approval is required for the construction of a general purpose agricultural building to store farmyard manure under cover.
Bainbridge, Seamer Grange Farm. TS9 5LY. Application for construction of a road to provide means of access for agricultural purposes.

Kelley, Middle Gate, Stainton Road, Seamer: Construction of detached dormer bungalow with attached garage. 

Sawney, Boy Hill Byre. TS9 5LY: Proposed porch and conservatory extensions and rendering of the building.

Mr Nathan Briggs, Greenhow; Seamer: Refurbishment and extension to the existing dwelling (with too many aspects to note).

Mr & Mrs Egan, Fern Bank; 1, Stainton Road, Seamer: Hip to gable loft conversion and raising the ridge height and dormers to east elevation.

5 MATTERS FOR DISCUSSION
a) Village maintenance – relevant updates and future developments

i) Flooding: Tame Bridge – a further update was provided.

ii) Water usage – village pond. An unexpected invoice for the last quarter had been received for £167. The Chairman checked the meter and some water had been used without permission. He contacted the water board however, as the water has been used, we are liable to pay the bill. Philip Wood has been directed to secure the water supply.

iii) Graham’s Engineering Works: an update was given. The Works are now demolished -1- and preparations made for the construction of one house. The old smithy is being renovated to form a dwelling.

iv) Tanton Road 30mph sign needs replacing. The Chairman emailed Highways a number of weeks ago but has not received a response. Councillor Bryn Griffiths to follow this up. Signage also needs cleaning. New Signage: this has been placed in the village as a result of a competition held some time ago. The signs are quite small and it was suggested that they could be placed on the flower tubs instead.

v) Bank Top/Top Green – signage for these areas has been purchased and will be erected soon.

vi) Croft Hills, Tame Bridge, issue with footpath and weed growth – Councillor Bryn Griffiths has followed this up and is of the understanding that the vegetation is due to be sprayed. If this is not completed soon, Philip Wood will be asked to tackle the issue in the short term.

b) i) Community Speed Watch – 23 watches since the last report with 5717 vehicles recorded; 467 of these were exceeding the limit (8%). Some of the speeds are excessive, with many 50mph+ and up to 67mph. The Chairman has liaised closely with Stokesley Police to get support for this issue. The volunteers would welcome more support from the Speed Bike, which can be sited in different locations.

ii) VAS scheme – the Chairman attended a meeting at the end of May, which was also attended by the NYCC Safety Officer. A problem has occurred in Crathorne re: accessing electricity, so a hybrid system will need to be purchased. Funding has been awarded.

c) Seamer Parish Community Fund: donation to the Library (£500) and Defibrillator pads replaced.

d) Village Hall Committee (Cllr Mark Murphy): (i) There were just 7 attendees at the AGM, new Committee elected. A new secretary is sought. £19,000 is the balance in the bank. Some new building may be proposed for the rear of the building and some work needs to be done on the Hall roof and the lean-to. No progress still on the Constitution (update started 01/19). Cllr Murphy to report on this after the next Village Hall Committee meeting. The Annual accounts for the last two years need to be published on notice boards and website and circulated to relevant parties.

ii) Distribution of relevant information from the Parish Council to the Village Hall Committee: it was clarified that no information should be disseminated until Parish Council minutes are ratified – i.e. at the following PC meeting (e.g. May minutes cannot be disseminated or discussed until ratified in July). The only exception to this being if there is an urgent item for action, and agreed by Parish Councillors to be discussed ahead of this timescale.

e) Seamer Parish Council membership: New Parish Clerk as of 21.7.21: Glenn McGill is the new Parish Clerk and can be contacted on glenn.mcgIll57@gmail.com. Mr McGill sent apologies for the July meeting. We are still short of a Parish Councillor. Councillor Murphy mentioned a name to the Chairman of someone who might be interested.

6 CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED
White Rose weekly updates NALC Chief Executive’s bulletin HDC regular updates Community First rural news NYCC Chief Executive weekly bulletin YLCA advice Environmental issue – fly nuisance
7 FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
Income:
Expenditure:
Stokesley Town Hall Trust £9.90 (May AGM meeting) Seamer Memorial Hall £20 (room hire: 2 meetings)
Zurich Insurance £114.45 (Annual Premium) N-Sign £557.40 (Signage)
P Taylor £61 (Plants & weed killer) P W Wood £800 (May & June grass cutting)
Globe Library, Stokesley £100 donation (2% of precept) Grapevine £200 (donation)
Gift £69.95 S Burton £73.93 (Village Gardener: plants)
Community Fund Expenditure:
Clerks expenses £150 (January – June 30th) Globe Library, Stokesley £500 donation
S Burton, Village Gardener £95 P W Wood £125 (Various tasks)
G R Taylor £20 (gift) P W Wood £140 (Preparation of wildflower areas)*
* part of MAD fund grant
FORTHCOMING MEETING DATES September 21st November 16th January 18th, 2022
March 15th, 2022 May 17th, 2022 (also Parish APM) July 19th, 2022
(All meetings have a 7pm start time)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *